Equipment Cleaning & Re-supply
It is important to maintain your sleep equipment and follow prescribed replacement schedules in order to maximize the effectiveness of your sleep equipment. The following information provides guidelines for the replacement and cleaning of your sleep equipment.
Existing patients will receive an automated phone call notifying them when a re-supply is recommended.
**Please note, insurance plans can vary on the approved replacement PAP schedules. Please Contact Us to verify what your coverage allows.
Equipment Re-supply Schedule
Mask Cushion or Nasal Pillows – Replace Monthly
Mask Frame – Replace Every 3 Months
Headgear – Replace Every 6 Months
Humidification Chamber – Replace Every 6 Months
Tubing – Replace Every 3 Months
Sponge-type Filters (Black) – Replace Every 6 Months
Disposable Filters (White) – Replace Every 2 Weeks
Equipment Cleaning Schedule
Mask Cushion or Nasal Pillows – Daily with Mild Soap
Mask Frame – Daily with Mild Soap
Headgear – Weekly with Mild Soap
Humidification Chamber – Empty and Air Dry Daily. Clean Weekly with Mild Soap
Tubing – Weekly with Mild Soap
Sponge-type Filters (Black) – Weekly with Mild Soap
Disposable Filters (White) – Discard Every 2 Weeks
Contact us immediately if it’s been over six months since you last ordered supplies or if you are experiencing any of the following…
- You have trouble getting a tight seal on your mask.
- You have a red mark on your face from the mask.
- Your mouth is dry in the morning when you wake up.
- You are experiencing congestion, such as dry or sore throat in the morning.
- You find yourself feeling tired during the day again.
- You begin to fall asleep while watching TV, driving or reading a book.
- The mask you are using does not feel comfortable.
- Your eyes are red and scratchy from air blowing in your eyes throughout the night.
- You need supplies prior to traveling.
- You have questions on how to clean your supplies and/or equipment.